1. GENERAL Regarding the Services:
Use of Personal Information
- Contact Information such as name, email address, mailing address, phone number
- Billing Information such as credit card number, and billing address
- Financial Information such as bank or brokerage account numbers, types of investments
- Unique Identifiers such as user name, account number, password
- Preferences Information such as product wish lists, order history, marketing preferences
- Other Information We Collect When You Use Our Services
We use above information to:
- Fulfill your order
- Send you an order confirmation
- Send you requested product or service information
- Send product updates or warranty information
- Respond to customer service requests
- Troubleshoot your server issues
- Send you marketing communications
- Respond to your questions and concerns
- Improve our Web site and marketing efforts
- Conduct research and analysis
Information Obtained from Third Parties
We obtain address information about you from third party sources to verify your address so we can properly ship your order to you and to prevent fraud.
We purchase marketing data about our customers from third parties and combine it with information we already have about you, to create more tailored advertising and products.
If you provide us personal information about others, or if others give us your information, we will only use that information for the specific reason for which it was provided to us.
Content placed in our website portals
We provide some form of public interaction in our website through KBs, Forums, message boards, chat rooms and news groups. Please note that information disclosed here are accessible to other members and it will be treated as public information. We don’t have any control or authority over usage of such details and there is possibilities for collection and usage of such data by third parties. Hence you are advised to exercise maximum caution and vigilance while disclosing personal information in such public areas.
We may also disclose your personal information
As required by law such as to comply with a subpoena, or similar legal process, when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request, if TheStack is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our Web site of any change in ownership or uses of your personal information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information, to any other third party with your prior consent to do so.
The security of your personal information is important to us. We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
We are in compliance with the requirements of COPPA (Childrens Online Privacy Protection Act), we do not collect any information from anyone under 13 years of age.