Senior Network Engineer
Senior Network Engineer
Kochi, Kerala, India
4 - 8 Years
B tech Computer Science / Masters in Computer Application or Any Engineering Degree and CCNA and CCNP (R&S)
- Develop technical network solutions and their framework. Including designing and managing the rollout of critical network infrastructures to support the company’s products and services, on both a strategic (long term) and tactical (immediate term) level.
- Support of the Datacenter networks as well as Quality Assurance, Development and Corporate network interfaces. Accountable for network technologies including Intrusion Detection Systems, Firewall, load balancers, WAN management & capacity planning, digital certificate PKI management, disaster recovery planning & testing of the network
- Work on all network and firewall configs, installation, BGP and Peering, Backchannel haul, VPNs (Customer and in company), Authentication and 2-factor, DNS/Certificate administrator.
- Perform network modeling, analysis, and planning of future network growth. Develop and document technology roadmaps.
- Design and implement short and long-term strategic plans to make certain network capacity, virtual capacity, and server infrastructure, meets existing and future requirements including input to the annual budget process. This includes both new products/services as well as maintaining/refreshing existing infrastructure.
- Stay abreast of how technology infrastructures are currently impacting and driving the company.
- Ensure that network infrastructure is fully documented. Implement and maintain policies, procedures for network environment, including but not limited to PCI compliance policies and procedures
- Develop and deploy methodologies for testing network performance and providing network performance statistics and reports
- Provide On-call support
- Mentor other network designers/ Senior Systems Engineers and engineers in developing detailed designs and quality-control mechanisms during implementation.
- Practice network asset management, including maintenance of network component inventory and related documentation
- Provide high quality support for internal and external participants on connectivity issues. Assisting with customer and vendor troubleshooting and support for network issues
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Expert knowledge of Networking Environments
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent presentation preparation and delivery skills
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Ability to manage customer requirements, gain consensus on challenging issues, and communicate decisions effectively at all levels of an organization
- Able to handle escalated issues as appropriate
- Able to effectively work with colleagues at all levels of the organization
- Organized, able to multi-task, and work under pressure
- Ability to deliver results in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented, priority-shifting environment
- Knowledge in configuring and troubleshooting the following hardware platforms:
- Cisco routers (ASR and ISR platforms)
- Cisco switches (Catalyst 3xxx and 45xx and Nexus 7k, 5k and 2k)
- Cisco ASA security appliances (firewall and SSL VPN)
- Palo Alto Networks PA-5xxx
- Experience with the following technologies
- Physical media (Cat5/5e/6, fiber optics (singlemode and multimode), transceivers (GBIC, SFP, X2, etc)
- WAN technologies: MPLS and Frame-relay
- LAN switching (VLANs, Spanning Tree, Rapid PVST+, 802.1q Trunking, Port channels and VPC)
- Routing (static routes, OSPF, EIGRP, BGP), route maps, prefix lists, redistribution and route tagging
- IP addressing and subnetting (VLSM)
- Access control lists
- VPN: IPSec, SSL, and DMVPN
- DNS and DHCP
- SSL certificates and PKI
- Stateful packet inspection
(Linux Knowledge is added advantage)
Interested in this position? Apply Now