How to install phpBB in DirectAdmin using Softaculous
What is phpBB?
phpBB is used by millions of people on a daily basis, making it the most widely used opensource bulletin board system in the world. Whether you want to stay in touch with a small group of friends or are looking to set up a large multi-category board for a corporate website, phpBB has the features you need built in.
Installing phpBB through Softaculous
The quickest and simplest way to install phpBB is with the Softaculous App Installer available in Directadmin. Softaculous provides an easy, one-click installation that is the best choice for most website owners.
TheStack provides solid web hosting service using DirectAdmin. After a successful purchase you will get login credentials from welcome email.
In this article, we will take the web hosting service in TheStack for example.
- Login into your Directadmin control panel.
- Navigate to the Softaculous Auto Installer which will be mostly under the Extra feature of the Directadmin control panel.
- Now login into Softaculous and navigate to the phpBB.
Note phpBB is supported by PHP so we can view it under the PHP supported forums web application.
- After clicking Install you will be prompted to a window where you have to configure the administrative part
Note Take a record of your admin username and admin password for enter the admin dashboard
- With successfull installation you will see the following success message
- You can login into your administrative dashboard through generated URL in the Success message
To know more about phpBB and learn how it works, visit their official website.