How to install SMF in DirectAdmin using Softaculous
What is SMF?
SMF in short is a free, professional grade software package that allows you to set up your own online community within minutes. Its powerful custom made template engine puts you in full control of the lay-out of your message board and with our unique SSI - or Server Side Includes - function you can let your forum and your website interact with each other.
Installing SMF through Softaculous
The quickest and simplest way to install SMF is with the Softaculous App Installer available in Directadmin. Softaculous provides an easy, one-click installation that is the best choice for most website owners.
TheStack provides solid web hosting service using DirectAdmin. After a successful purchase you will get login credentials from welcome email.
In this article, we will take the web hosting service in TheStack for example.
- Login into your Directadmin control panel.
- Navigate to the Softaculous Auto Installer which will be mostly under the Extra feature of the Directadmin control panel.
- Now login into Softaculous and navigate to the SMF.
Note SMF is supported by PHP so we can view it under the PHP supported forums web application.
- After clicking Install you will be prompted to a window where you have to configure the administrative part
Note Take a record of your admin username and admin password for enter the admin dashboard
- With successfull installation you will see the following success message
- You can login into your administrative dashboard through generated URL in the Success message
To know more about SMF and learn how it works, visit their official website.