How to install MyBB in DirectAdmin using Softaculous
What is MyBB?
MyBB is a free bulletin board system software package developed by the MyBB Group. A lot of thought has gone into the MyBB interface to make it easy to use. MyBB uses a standard discussion board structure, so your visitors will feel familiar with the way MyBB works. Your visitors can use the MyBB user control panel to change the way they view discussions. They can also easily start and reply to discussions and markup their posts. The forum administrators and moderators can use MyBB’s inline editing and moderation features to control discussion and keep the forum tidy.
Installing MyBB through Softaculous
The quickest and simplest way to install MyBB is with the Softaculous App Installer available in Directadmin. Softaculous provides an easy, one-click installation that is the best choice for most website owners.
TheStack provides solid web hosting service using DirectAdmin. After a successful purchase you will get login credentials from welcome email.
In this article, we will take the web hosting service in TheStack for example.
- Login into your Directadmin control panel.
- Navigate to the Softaculous Auto Installer which will be mostly under the Extra feature of the Directadmin control panel.
- Now login into Softaculous and navigate to the MyBB.
Note MyBB is supported by PHP so we can view it under the PHP supported forums web application.
- After clicking Install you will be prompted to a window where you have to configure the administrative part
Note Take a record of your admin username and admin password for enter the admin dashboard
- With successfull installation you will see the following success message
- You can login into your admin dashboard through generated URL in the Success message
Now we are all set, enjoy your time with MyBB.